Monthly Archives: March 2015
Yummy Side Dish Day or Night
Carrot, Apple & Raisin Salad
- 1/2 cup fresh or dried coconut(no sugar added), grated
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1/2 cup yellow raisins
- 3-4 organic Fuji apples, cored and diced
- 4 cups organic carrots, grated
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
Bragg supported Teen Culinary Arts Program at the Franklin Center in Santa Barbara. High School students learning how to make homemade pasta with pesto sauce along with an Arugula Quinoa Salad. Super Yummy! The program is in its 6th year and runs for 18 weeks. Most importantly the program is free to participants and gives them a hands on look at preparing food and its source.
Bragg sponsored UCSB Health & Wellness Interns on their weekly rounds filling up fruit bowls located at over 20 Student Affairs departments and Divisional Wellness Centers throughout UCSB. Last year 17,280 pieces of fruit were delivered and consumed. Wow, that’s amazing and much needed considering some students struggle each day with hunger, especially a healthy meal.
Have a Veggie Night!
- 1/2 pound sauerkraut, with juice
- 1/2 pound red cabbage, shred
- 2 Tbsps Bragg Organic Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, dice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grate
- 1/2 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
Sauerkraut comes in its own juice. Shred red cabbage and simmer all ingredients except Bragg Aminos and olive oil for 15 minutes. Cool, add olive oil and Bragg Aminos. Serve hot or cold. Delicious side dish or salad topping. Serves 4-6