Dr. Paul C. Bragg
Life Extension Specialist • World Health Crusader
Lecturer and Advisor to Olympic Athletes, Royalty and Stars
Originator of Health Food Stores – Now Worldwide
Dr. Paul C. Bragg, Father of the Health Movement in America, had vision and dedication. This dynamic Crusader for worldwide health and fitness is responsible for more firsts in the history of the Health Movement than any other individual.
Bragg’s amazing pioneering achievements the world now enjoys:
- Bragg originated, named and opened the first Health Food Store in America.
- Bragg Health Crusades pioneered the first Health Lectures across America and he inspired followers to open Health Food Stores across America and also worldwide.
- Bragg was the first to introduce pineapple juice and tomato juice to America.
- He introduced Juice Therapy in America by importing the first hand-juicers.
- He was the first to introduce and distribute honey and date sugar nationwide.
- Bragg pioneered Radio Health Programs from Hollywood three times daily in the 20s.
- Bragg and daughter Patricia pioneered a Health TV show from Hollywood to spread The Bragg Health Crusade on their show, Health and Happiness. It included exercises, health recipes, visual demonstrations and guest appearances by famous, health-minded people.
- Bragg opened the first health restaurants and the first health spas in America.
- He created the first health foods and products and then made them available nationwide: herbal teas, health beverages and oils, seven-grain cereals and crackers, health cosmetics, calcium, vitamins and mineral supplements, wheat germ, whey, digestive enzymes from papaya, sundried fruits, raw nuts, herbs and kelp seasonings, health candies, and amino acids from soybeans. Bragg inspired others to follow (Schiff, Gardenburger, Shaklee, TwinLabs, Trader Joe’s, GNC, Herbalife, etc.) and now there are thousands of health stores & health items available worldwide!
Crippled by TB as a teenager, Bragg developed his own eating, breathing and exercising program to rebuild his body into an ageless, tireless, pain-free citadel of glowing, super health. He excelled in running, swimming, biking, progressive weight training and mountain climbing. He made an early pledge to God, in return for his renewed health, to spend the rest of his life showing others the road to super health. He honored his pledge! Dr. Paul Bragg’s health pioneering made a difference worldwide.
A legend and beloved health crusader to millions, Bragg was the inspiration and personal health and fitness advisor to top Olympic Stars from 4-time swimming Gold Medalist Murray Rose to 3-time track Gold Medalists Betty Cuthbert of Australia, Don Bragg his relative,(pole-vaulting Gold Medalist), Kathy Smith and countless others. Jack LaLanne, the original TV Fitness King , says, “Bragg saved my life at age 15 when I attended the Bragg Crusade in Oakland, California.” From the earliest days, Bragg advised the greatest Hollywood Stars and giants of American Business, J C Penney, Del Webb, Dr. Scholl and Conrad Hilton are just a few who he inspired to long, successful, healthy, active lives!
Dr. Bragg changed the lives of millions worldwide in all walks of life with the Bragg Health Crusades, Books, Radio and TV appearances. (See and hear Bragg on the web.)